We are now in the next up-cycle of sales growth and business expansion. The phone is ringing more, more orders are being raised, cash flow issues may have eased. But is your sales process and system broken, should you even care? A management consulting firm might be the answer here.
We would say that even in the best run businesses the one area that continues to be a big challenge for MD’s & CEO’s is getting their sales teams to be effective and work better generating and closing more deals. Why is this a problem in a growing market? Well, quite simply when a business gets busier and has more resources, complacency can often set in, your eye can be taken off the ball. Have you ever considered getting the help of a management consulting firm with this?
Keeping your sales team focused with their eye on the ball is one of the most difficult things to do. In almost every other part of your business activity and productivity are easily seen, much less so in sales. So here are areas to look at that can immediately unlock productivity:
– Speed to get pricing or a quote to a customer
– Segmenting your customer base and getting your team to only sell to high value, profitable accounts
– Defining your “Customer Database” – exactly who you will do business with and who you will not
– Continuous proactive prospecting
– Driving growth in any one of the 4 Levers of sales growth
- Increased Leads
- Increase Customer Conversion
- Increase Frequency of order
- Increased Margin
Being a sales focused management consultancy the results of our analysis with our Clients is that up to 25% of a sales persons time is spent on non-productive activities, non-sales tasks. So if you think of how much your resources are costing you per head every year – Loaded–cost €50k, €60k…….€100k then it’s a costly business to have them working on anything that is not opening or closing new business.
What are you doing to address these challenges in your business?