We come across businesses all the time that have invested in or are thinking about investing in a CRM system. The truth is only 47% of all businesses have CRM software. Unfortunately, of that 47% we have found that less than a third actually use it. What are the main reasons for not using it?
– The CRM system was not designed around how “You” do sales
– “There is little to no added benefit to me, with lots of value to big brother!”
– “All of this time I spend typing could be spent selling!”
– “I’m on the road all day selling … and then am expected to update the CRM when I get home or back to the office after a long day!”
– “My boss never looks at it anyways, so why should I bother?”
– “I’ve been the top salesperson for the past 10 years without it!”
– “The last five we tried failed, why will this one be different?”
…….you could probably add a few more no doubt.
Here’s the BIG reason to get a CRM system, implement and use it:
29% Increase in Sales
34% Increase in Sales Productivity
42% Increase in Forecast accuracy
The numbers don’t lie. If you are a typical business owner you are driving your sales team to sell more. It’s been our experience that when any CRM software is part of your formal sales meeting you will get an increase in pipeline and ultimately a significant increase in closed business. The closing of an extra few sales will more than cover the investment in the CRM software. We use Zoho CRM in our business and recommend it for all our clients. It is very customisable and great value for money. By the way, a CRM system has to be used by you and your team for it to produce results otherwise it’s a waste of money.
You might be afraid of the technology, you might not know how to implement it or the last number of times you tried it failed. But the numbers don’t lie. Don’t be foolish. Get one of these systems implemented, they will pay you back in spades.